Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Gearing up for a great summer!

Oh how I love summer break! This is one of the biggest perks of being a SHM - months of a barely existent schedule, wearing your bathing suit under your clothes and my personal favorite - sleeping in. The boys have been enjoying the freedom of late bedtimes and late wake-ups too. 

Already we have been swimming several times, had sleep-overs with friends, gone to the splash park, had outings with the Lemonheads, had a staycation on the strip, watched Phantom of the Opera, took a backstage tour, performed in an amazing dance recital and this week started Vacation Bible School. This week we are packing our stuff up for a 45 day trip, yes you read that right 45 day trip. We will be towing the long, long trailer to Oregon - to park it at my parents summer home there. The boys and I will get to stay there until mid-August. I can't wait to spend time with my brother and his family, fish with my dad, and just be in the thick of a lush landscape where sweatshirts are a must at night. I will miss the sun, but there will be plenty of that when we get back in August. 
We will try to share our adventures! 

Have a great summer everybody -we already are!

Jeny

2 comments:

2Peas said...

I love your 2 Peas in Pod updates. Keep Gma updated. Love you. joan

2Peas said...

Hi Sam and Toby
SO nice to hear from you guys! Sounds like you and your Mom are going to have an awesome Summer! Way COOL that you will be able to spend time with your other family members.
Jeny,thank you very much for thinking of me and sharing your precious sons' activities with me.Have a safe and fun trip.I will look forward to seeing all that the boys and you are doing.
Love and a hug to each of you,your Dad too,
Mrs. "C"