Saturday, February 25, 2012

Hearts, Games and Candy

Valentine's Day is always a fun day with the kids. We enjoy making handmade valentines to hand out at school, and this year we created 6 games/activities to play during the classroom parties. We were some busy boys (and mom) for a few days. Everything turned out great.
Toby created Valentines with glow stick bracelets that turned into arrows that read "You make my heart glow". Sam chose to make a Valentine that read "I'm bursting with happiness that you're my friend." and he filled bags with Starburst candies. Toby was to create a box to collect his valentines in and together we made a heart monster that we had seen online. (Thank goodness for Pinterest and Family Fun!)
At the parties we decorated Kripsy Kreme donuts with icing and cereal, played a minute to win it style candy game, built 3d structures from gumdrops and toothpicks, used chopsticks to pick up candy hearts, raced to create a love bug and played a good ol' game of bingo.
That night we had a simple dinner at home and then played a game as a family. We used q-tips and straws to make dart guns and aimed them into some buckets. It was very fun!











1 comment:

Mags said...

Hi Sam and Toby
SO happy to receive your E-Mail letter.What artisic,creative boys you are! I never have seen such wonderful fun games! Toby,I especially like the HUGH Valentine "mail box".Sam,you and Toby came up with the COOLEST message for your cards to all your friends!
Thanks SO much for sharing your latest activities with me.By the way,Your Mother and Dad have probably already told you "that you never know when someone will see what you are doing"...WELL,I saw you at Church on Ash Wednesday and I am very impressed with your excellent attention to what Fr. Bob was explaining about the ashes.I also could see how much BOTH of you LOVE your favorite teacher,Mrs. Zapolski! Isn't she the greatest?! I saw that Sam sat on one side of her,and Toby sat on her other side.
AND,Mommie,I saw YOU have a class of yourown.WOW! A fulltime Mommie with two active sons as well as their Daddy;and you still find time to teach.Jen,you are an amazing lady! Oh yes,I saw you too,Jeff,just couldn't get over to say "Hi"
Love and a big hug to each of you,Mrs. "C"