Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Floor Hockey Clinic

Sam going for the shot! He nailed them all!

Toby working the puck! He is much better this year!
Tonight was the annual floor hockey clinic in Boulder City. They have all the kids signed up for floor hockey come out one of two nights and test their skills. I guess in an attempt to make the teams even. The boys were super excited to see their friends there from school, church and scouts. Pipa and Grandma Joan even came out to see them break off the rust from those hockey skills.
Last year when Jeff had me sign them up for floor hockey, I laughed. Really honey? Floor hockey?
Oh yes. He played it as a kid and remembers when he was finally too old to play anymore. Tears I am sure knowing my sensitive hubby. So signed up and armed with sticks twice their size the boys went for it. Oh man did I laugh and enjoy myself every game. Toby was overpowered by his stick. Sam used his stick as a gun while playing goalie, instead of protecting the net.
So tonight the boys did great in comparison. They were able to use the sticks and hold them the right way. They could move the puck where they wanted it and even get it into the goal. It fascinates me what a difference a year can make. This is going to GREAT!
Here's to a wonderful kick off to a short, entertaining floor hockey season!

No comments: